The Magic of Breathwork with Travis Steffens
…or check it out wherever you enjoy podcasts:
In this episode of the Wake Up, Human podcast, I talk with Travis Steffens, a teacher and practitioner of breathwork: breathing exercises and techniques that employ conscious control of the breath in order to improve physical, mental, and spiritual well being.
My conversation with Travis explores breathwork as a portal to transforming both body and spirit. We’ll weave through discussions on the science behind breathwork, the mechanics of breathing practices, and the gifts that breathwork offers to the mystic and the spiritual seeker. Travis will even introduce us to two of the most powerful breathwork practices in his repertoire: Wim Hoff breathing and the DMT breath.
Watch for practices from Travis to be included in the upcoming breathwork app, Breathspace. You can learn more about him on his company website at www.Rinvestments.net.
Episode at a glance: what you’ll learn by listening
- “What exactly is breathwork, and what can the experience of breathwork open up in us that otherwise might not be so available to us?
- Why has our physical body been referred to as “the greatest pharmacy in the universe?”
- What’s the difference between breathwork and “just breathing” as we do all the time?
- Travis mentions he’s seen breathwork heal people from chronic illness. How is this possible?
- Why is visualization important to the success of a breathwork practice?
- Who is Wim Hoff, and why do we love him?
- What is the DMT breath, and why might it be “the closest thing to an ayahuasca experience without the ayahuasca”?
- What’s the most foundational reason for practicing breathwork? (Hint: It’s not to become superhuman, heal from illness, or to become enlightened.)
Links and resources mentioned in the episode:
- Paramahansa Yogananda
- Dr. Bruce Lipton
- Movie: Waking Life
- Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Wim Hoff
- 8evolve breathwork app
- DMT (Dimethyltryptamine)
- Kriya yoga
There’s a monthly digest of this stuff…
Thank you so much for visiting. If you liked this offering, you can sign up below to receive the monthly Wake Up, Human digest, which includes writings, podcast episodes, and other offerings, sent on or near the time of the full moon. Have something to share or suggest? Head over to my contact page and drop me a line.